You see sword fighting in movies and video games, and read about it in books. Now learn how to do it yourself. Sword Academy offers fun and safe ways to explore the world of medieval sword fighting through our Junior Scholar programs.
Our Junior Scholars courses are aimed at youths between the ages of 9 and 14. Classes are focused on teaching the techniques of the European long sword. These week long courses consist of four, 3 hours classes.
Topics covered in Junior Scholar courses:
- History of the long sword
- The four basic guards of the German tradition
- Cutting with a double edged, two-handed sword
- The eight cuts
- The parts of the sword and how they can be used
- Basic offensive actions, defensive actions and retaliations
- Proper stance and footwork
Where: Details at registration
$119 per person / non-member
$89 per person / Sword Academy member
Introduction to Western Martial Arts - August 2005
When: August 16th to August 19th, 1pm to 4pm daily
Register: Please include your name and if under 18, your age, along with any comments you may have.
We will respond as soon as we can, in order to verify your registration.
Click Here to Submit Your Registration